Re: [IP] taboo feelings (was anger and doctors -- a project)

On 20 Dec 00, at 23:17, Janet Lafler wrote:

> But I can't swear that I'll never fall back into that deep, dark place;
> in fact, it seems likely to me that I will at some point.

There are many of us who fall into that deep, dark and lonely place.  I'm in
the process of climbing back up the wall (and dodging those falling rocks)
myself.  This trip hasn't been as bad as others, just seems to be dragging on.

> who feel this way, helps a lot. What hurts is that my friends and family,
> who love me very much, don't seem to have much patience with the
> idea that I'm not finished learning to cope with this.

I think they get as tired of trying to haul us up out of the pit as we get
falling back into it.

> I'm not sure where I'm going with this, except to say that maybe
> support comes and goes, too. There are times when I'm ready to
> give it, and times when I just don't have anything to spare. I just have
> to trust that I'll come around to a place where I'm ready to give some-
> thing again.

Sometimes we give support, sometimes we need support.  Many times when
we need the support the most we are unable to ask for it...  that's just one
of those things we live with.
Rev. Randall Winchester
WD4HVA (email @ redacted)