[IP] Supportive Spouses or lack of

In a message dated 12/17/00 7:36:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Husband of a insulin dependant diabetic.  I am very proud of my wife.
 She has her problems every now and again. But by her over coming the
 obstacles of her disease she inspires me to over come any obstacles
 in my life.  I love her so very much for this and my other insights
 that she has given me.   She shows me that there are problems worse
 than mine. >>
Your wife may have problems sometimes dealing with diabetes but she should
count her lucky stars she has a supportive husband like you.  I believe my
husband loves me but in 16 years of marriage he has never read any
information on diabetes on his own or shows any compassion for my fears.
After 31 years on injection therapy I am considering going on the pump and
trying to pick out which kind.  Any kind of change is difficult for me but
all he can say is that everyone says pump therapy is wonderful.  I feel so
all alone with dealing with all of this and I appreciate this group.