> In a message dated 12/20/2000 9:26:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> << >I wonder if others on this list have experienced this type of
> connective
>  >tissue stiffness?  Why do those with D get afflicted with this? >>
> Hi Ken,  I also have sore shoulders. When I asked my endo about it
> he said it was poor diabetic control!  Of course, that made my day!

Baloney! People with diabetes may be more likely to get capsulitis,
but it is not caused by diabetes. I've had it in both shoulders and
really !!!!! badly in one of them -- needed multiple cortisone
injections and 18 months of therapy to get it working again. The doc
wanted to put me out and break the adhesions free, but I opted for
the PT instead -- it was long and painful, but it paid off. Needless
to say, I'm obviously not diabetic, only a parent and helper.