[IP] Re: pump clicking at night

> I'm also concerned about the clicking. how do you all get used to that at
> night? Will it keep her awake at first? Thanks for your input!

It sounds like she is getting a MiniMed. Usually children have a very low
basal rate. Let's pretend it will 0.2 u/p/h at night. That means one slight
click every half hour. If she can lie awake that long to listen for a click,
well.....  The steady clicking is only for boluses - one for every 0.1u as it
is delivered. She wouldn't be getting that at night. I have given myself a
bolus of 6u already and was doing something and couldn't figure out this
clicking I was hearing - then realized it was my pump and I ain't no newbie. I
will hear a basal click once every few days and I get much more than 0.2 p/hr.
I do LIKE the slowness the MiniMeds deliver. Too fast hurts me. Happy
pumping!! (~_^)