[IP] Anniversary

This Christmas eve will be my diagnosis anniversary.  That's 13 years for me
and no complications for me yet. (Knock on wood)
I remember when I was diagnosed at the age of 15 on December 24th, 1987 how
the doctor said that I am very lucky to be diagnosed when I did because
"There are glucose meters now" and researchers were so very close to a cure.
He even said that I should be cured by the time I was 21. ( I had just
remembered that on my ten year anniversary, boy was I sad)
I'm now 28 and have a wonderful husband and three, yes three, kids.  There
isn't much that I haven't been able to do or have been kept from doing
because of being diabetic.
But now also at this time of the year I have another anniversary to
celebrate and that's getting on my pump (Jan 4th, 2000).

Thanks for all you all do by giving support to me and this list. I may not
have a lot to input on it but just reading everyone's successes and problems
is great therapy in knowing we are not alone.  Thanks!

Sheila Morris