[IP] Searching...

Heidi Vogan wrote:
>Is anyone else crazy enough out there to name their

Yes!  I noticed that several people on the list have named
their pumps, so I decided that I would, too.

>I am searching for the perfect name(to christen
>my future pump) before I get one,and would appriciate
>any ideas or why-how-when you named your pumps.Thanks!

Well, I have two, so I needed two names. This made it easy,
since it got me thinking about pairs of names. The guy from
Disetronic encouraged me to see the two pumps as equals,
rather than a main pump and a backup. So I tried to think of
names that suggested partnership.

My husband suggested naming them Holmes and Watson,
which I have to say was tempting. He also suggested Jeeves
and Bertie, but I told him that I didn't think I'd be happy en-
trusting my safety to a pump named after Bertie Wooster.
(Apologies to those of you who have no idea what I'm talking
about.) Then he suggested several outlandish pairs from opera
(he's an opera fan). That's when I stopped listening to him. I
was not about to name my pump Don Giovanni, Siegfried, or
Boris Gudonov!

I finally went with my very first impulse: I named them Castor
and Pollux (the Gemini twins). Castor (the clear pump) is with
me now; Pollux (the blue pump) is safely tucked into his little
case at home. Though, come to think of it, the whole point of the
myth about these twins is that they couldn't stand to be parted --
that's why they were put in a constellation together. Now I've made
sure that they're *never* together. What have I done? Maybe I
should've just named them Mickey and Minnie. Or Daffy and
Bugs.  Or, or, or....

Nope, I'm going to stick with the original plan. Too late to change
now -- I'm already thinking of them by name.

So, I am definitely more than crazy enough to name my pumps.
The question is: having read this, are you?

/Janet Lafler