[IP] Anger towards diabetes: Sylvia

I agree with you Sylvia. Having a child with diabetes is so hard. I really
wish I had it instead of him...I wish I could take it from him! It is hard
enough being a child, without this on top of it. I get a sick feeling in my
stomach when he has a hard time, and gets frustrated with the disease (having
to do 2 site changes in one day cuz the first one hurt!).  I look at his
little fingers all marked up, and it hurts me! I know there are kids that
have it worse than Kevin, we see them every year when we deliver books to the
hospital...and yet I feel like I'm in mourning for him all the time with what
he will have to endure for the rest of his life!

Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful that we have the best control offered
to a diabetic (we love the pump) but I want a CURE!

Merry Christmas.

Mom to Kevin, 12, dx 12/98
pumping 5/99