[IP] Public Perceptions about D.

In a message dated 12/21/00 10:03:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> , they can never get it straight about
> needing sugar when I am low, or sugar when I'm high. I do not understand
> why

One of the most essential things I've learned to now pass on to other mothers
in our Moms Brunch Bunch support gatherings is the awareness that far too
many people think they know "all about" diabetes- i.e. it involves taking
insulin & not having any sugar....understanding the distinction between those
2 extremes doesn't seem to have been included in their "course syllabus",
hence the distinct possibility of someone who "claims" to be well informed
(oops) mixing up those 2 treatment modalities at the wrong moment!!!...better
for a parent to be overly cautious with ALL caretakers than to "presume" &
face a potentially dire situation.....
Regards, Renee (melissa's pump mom)