Joan [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Hi Jan, The thing that bugs me most about trying to educate
> others about
> diabetes, is that for some reason, they can never get it
> straight about
> needing sugar when I am low, or sugar when I'm high. I do not
> understand why
> that is so hard to grasp! Joan

One of the hardest things to do when teaching about *any* subject is to
convince people that they need to learn it.  It usually involves
*UNlearning* something that is incorrect before they can learn what is
correct.  As you know, one of the common misconceptions about DM is that all
we need to do is avoid sugar and take insulin if we're insulin dependent.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted