Re: [IP] anger and doctors -- a project

>I was older, 15 when dxed, and pretty much accepted it also.  I had
>seen my father deal with it for years.  I also hated it when the same
>people (usually parents) would be encouraging and say  "even
>though you're a diabetic, there isn't anything that you can't be or
>do"; then, when you would do something daring, the "you can't do
>that, you're diabetic!"
>Boy, talk about conflict!       :>(

Boy,  this echoes my life!

I never thought about it much until these recent postings but:  I was daig
at age 9 and I remember my father driving me home from the doc's office.
Then as my mother asked about teh doc visit; my father disappeared and I
had to tell her about the diag. and assure it "it would be OK".  My mother
tried but really was and is quite mentally unable to understand DM.  My
father labeled me as a defect and told me I would have to work hard for
society and for him to make up for this.  Just getting my head straightened
out now!

Wasn't a good day that day in 1974.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 weeks + thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!