Re: [IP] Anger towards diabetes

On 20 Dec 2000, at 20:41, email @ redacted wrote:

> I believe that there is a real need for counseling when dealing with
> any long term physical condition. Diabetes is well known by the
> public but not understood or falsely misinformed.

Both of these sentences are so so so so true.  I was only
diagnosed 1 year and 2 months ago, so I can almost remember
(but am quickly beginning to forget) what I thought and felt and
thought I knew at the time.  So much of it was so wrong.

My mom had the opposite reaction to me. Yet, hers was just as
wrong.  (Once they put me on insulin, she said, OH GOOD, now
you can just put this annoying mess behind you and get on with
life.... yeah right, Mom, going on insulin is going to be so easy......