[IP] Re: Dis pumps

I took the DTRON training too (with Sylvia, in fact! Haven't
heard if I've passed yet though) and had the opportunity to play
with a DTRON for about a week afterwards. By the end of that time
- actually after a few days - I knew it like the back of my hand
(just like when we first got the HTRON. After a few days it was a
piece of cake.) Maybe there should be an initial training with a
followup a few days to a week later, after the user has had time
to play with it. I like the bolusing features - I swear they were
made just for Shannon. You could do those same things with the
HTRON (with a little thought) but I like that the DTRON does it
all for you. Another feature I liked was that you can set the
bolus increments yourself rather than having to send the pump in
to be changed. I also like the 2 different basal settings...I can
think of a few instances where that would be VERY handy.
Definitely more expense involved with the DTRON because of the
special battery, cartridge cap, and cartridges, but if you're
into high-tech, it's a great pump. Obviously the DTRON is not for
everyone...like the rep said, it is for those who like high-tech,
the HTRON is for those who like medium-tech, and the Dahedi is
for those who like low-tech. Thank goodness there are pumps out
there (and not just from Disetronic) to please everyone (or just
about everyone.)
Sylvia said:
I just completed the pump trainers training and it was on the
D-Tron.  It is kind of cool looking but a weird shape and much
heavier.  It is also, in my opinion, going to be a little more
complicated to learn and use than the H-Tron. The D-Tron does
have some features that I like like 2 different basal rate
settings but
really, other than that it is not that much of an improvement in
my mind. And because of some new features like a cartridge cap I
think that overall expenses will increase.  But this is, of
course, just my opinion!

You can contact your rep in your area and ask for a free
demonstration I'm sure.  It would give you a chance to see it up

little guy due 3/10/01