[IP] Re: Disetronic Batteries

>>IIRC they are the same batteries, just put in a cap (waterproof).  It
>>takes about 20 seconds to replace them, with a small pliers.  My
>>insurance coverage did not cover them.  Rather than pay the D price I
>>bought them at the store and put them in myself.

> Please remember if you do this and D knows at all you will lose your

> Fran

I was told this by D in an emergency situation in '94.  I was across the
country and forgot replacements.  It is the same batterries, and the
seal is held just as good.  I  have not done it since the updating 3+
years ago but I would think that the worry for D is that the volts, amp,
etc. is not correct with the wrong batteries.

I have to believe that D is more intelligent than that.
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
Where all thinking is the same, there is very little thinking.
 - Confucius