No Subject

Subject: [IP] C-peptide test
Can anyone tell me that when taking a c-peptide test you should disconnect
your insulin pump? I have run into a death end on this one - help is greatly

it is unecessary to disconnect if  you are on humulin, humalog or human
insulin, the c-peptide has been engineered out of these products. If you
disconnect you will probably be able to measure a low level of c-peptide if
you have any residual pancreatic beta cell function. If this is supposed to
measure c-peptide for Medicare you want it to be as low as possible. Spot.
A Bender, M. D.