[IP] Generosity of Belleville, Ontario raises $10,000 in half day for 2 year old's pump

This is a wonderful story that took place in my home
town in Belleville, Ontario, Canada. The father of a
two year old type 1 works at Home Depot. The parents
of this sweet two year old decided that a pump was a
necessity for her diabetes care but they have no
insurance to cover a pump. The employees at the Home
Depot contributed and raised $2,000 towards the cost
of the pump. The local radio station heard about it
and made an announcement over the radio throughout the
morning about the story and asking for more donations
for this worthy cause. Within half a day, $10,000
total had been donated for the cost of the pump and
 I just want to express my deep gratitude to all those
strangers who truly displayed the Christmas spirit.
 Another touching story regarding pumps and kids....A
mother has donated a brand new insulin pump (her child
refused to use it after 2 weeks- hopefully when he
gets older he will give it another try). This pump has
been donated to a family with a child very keen about
using the pump. This was the only thing he asked for
for Christmas but again no insurance. The parents will
be wrapping the pump and putting it under the tree for
Merry Christmas to all!
.....Carolyn Green...Happily Pumping 1 year!!

Do You Yahoo!?