Re: [IP] anger and doctors -- a project

Well said.  One of the most frustrating things about diabetes (and actually
parenting) is that I now have to deal with people I wouldn't have to speak to
otherwise, if my kid weren't diabetic.  This includes, but is not limited to
doctors.  It has included basketball coaches, classroom teachers, parents.
Actually, I am getting used to it.  Before my daughter was diagnosed, I had
to deal with all kinds of people on behalf of my son, who is ADD.  Believe it
or not, that is even worse because they tend to blame ADD kids, whereas most
people understand that Type 1diabetes is not anyone's fault.  So, for me, it
is the combination of being angry about the diabetes, and dealing with a
fool, jerk, unkind or cruel person or whatever.  When I am vulnerable, I
don't like dealing with mediocrity.  It is the combination.