[IP] Protocol for DEX Meter

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 Kerri <email @ redacted>

>If he uploads the protocol, that is to allow all of us to be able to use it,
>right? (If so, that is very nice of him.) BUT...my daughter, being a QID user
>(but *without* the PrecisionLink software/cable) would still have to buy the
>cable/software which is $150-$180 or so (unless I'm very mistaken

OK.  The meter's all have to have cables to connect to the PC and usually the
software comes with the cable (or you can download some pretty good third
party freewhare software as well).

What the protocol permits is for one who really knows how to program the
computer (and do serial I/O nicely) to write their OWN program to download the
meter and display results and graphs and e-mail results and fax results and
all the other nice things you want (like putting in pump settings and carbs
eaten and any other really useful stuff that you wish the software you bought
did and that the gluco-geeks project will probably include in their current

About the QID cable: I was able to get Medisence to send me one FOR FREE by
telling them how many strips I use a month and that I could get a meter and
cable for free from (choose your provider: I know dex gave me such very
recently) and that you'll switch your 500-1000 strip/month order to the new
meter if they can't help you.

Yerachmiel who is still waiting for his dex cable and dex protocol but HAS the
precision link (and precision xtra) protocol if anyone wants it (I'm not sure
how I'd upload, maybe scan and OCR it)