Re: [IP] help

I had similar concerns on recent trip to Bahamas.  Many water activities and
no water proof case for MiniMed.  I don't feel comfortable taking my pump in
the water anyway, so I disconnect and reconnect when back out of water.  For
extended watersliding, I simply checked bg prior to leaving room, water slid
until tired and then returned to reconnect and recheck bg.  Dependent on
readings, I would then bolus for the missed basal if necessary.  Found that
the additional activity seemed to keep my bgs in line even without pump.

PS  Forgot I had pump attached to the back of my bathing suit and walked
into pool trying to get better angle for photo op.  Totally submersed my
pump.  Panic initially, then simply removed batteries and syringe, dried
thoroughly and returned to pumping normally with no adverse effects.

Have fun.

Susan Schilling