Re: [IP] OTC help please

LOL! No, I can assure you that you won't explode! :)
Our endo has always told us we can use regular stuff for our
daughter (now 10, 6 at dx.) We have yet to buy any
diabetes-specific meds in the last 4yrs. I've heard the same
thing from other parents of D children as well. So...if it is all
right for children I would think it would be all right for adults
too (assuming you do not have kidney and/or heart disease and/or
hypertension along with the diabetes.) If you are otherwise
healthy, there should be no problem! I know Nyquil, etc, used to
have quite a bit of alcohol...they may not anymore. That may be
something to watch out for.

Bekka said:
I need some suggestions: whta OTC cold/flu concoction is safe for
us D's on insulin to take?  (I have no other med. problems)  Went
to the pharm last night and the pharm said "sorry there is
nothing you can safely take for cold symptoms"

little guy due 3/10/01