[IP] Re: counting carbs

I'm not a pumper, but a pumper mom, and I tell you, it's not hard
to learn at all (this, coming from the biggest math weenie/dummy
that ever lived.) I taught *myself* because I couldn't get any
help from the diabetes education people at our Naval hospital
(they insisted I needed to see a dietitian first in order to
learn it. Phooey!) The ADA has a 3 part series of booklets that
teaches you in steps and makes it VERY simple. I think it is
about $6 for the set. Might be able to buy it right off the IP
site (www.insulin-pumpers.org/books.shtml) If not, you can get it
from the ADA website (www.diabetes.org)
There is also a carb counting link off the IP site
The book Pumping Insulin (for pumpers) and its sister book Stop
the Rollercoaster (for MDI) - both books by John Walsh - also
talk about carb counting.
Hope this helps!

Andy said:
<< I don't pump (yet), but would like to start.  However, I'm not
sure how good I am at carb counting.  Is there an online resource
that anyone can recommend? >>

little guy due 3/10/01