[IP] Re: Protocol for DEX Meter

I have a question. If he uploads the protocol, that is to allow
all of us to be able to use it, right? (If so, that is very nice
of him.) BUT...my daughter, being a QID user (but *without* the
PrecisionLink software/cable) would still have to buy the PL
cable/software which is $150-$180 or so (unless I'm very mistaken
about all this. This is just what I've gathered from looking into
it.) So it would be rather moot to have the software to download
free but still have to pay out the ying-yang for the PL anyway
(since you'd get the link AND the software - to my knowledge it
is a package deal. Or is that just one awfully high priced cable
with NO software?) Someone set me straight on this, please! :)
And by the way, someone from this list had the PL and didn't need
it anymore (and had emailed me privately a while back to see if I
was interested. I lost your email.) If you still have it could
you email me privately? I'd be interested in making an offer on
Liz said:
The protocol is the software used to upload the meter readings to
a computer for analysis.

little guy due 3/10/01