[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #716

In a message dated 12/19/2000 9:45:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I don't pump (yet), but would like to start.  However, I'm not sure how
 I am at carb counting.  Is there an online resource that anyone can
 recommend? >>

Andy, I held off getting the pump for two yrs because I was so sure I
wouldn't be able to learn to count carbs!  Thats hogwash. Im on a MiniMed
pump and in the first batch of supplies was a carb counting book. Also on
Amazon I got a bigger carb counting book. It took me about two weeks to get
the carb counting down pat. In my case it was just an excuse to not try
something new and unknown. Ive never had better a1c's or felt better in 36
years of diabetes. Go for it, there are so many people here willing to help
you in any way. Good Luck, Joan