RE: [IP] OTC help please

The main concern is the side effects of the medication.
Many have medications in them that can make you drowsy.
The warning is for the fact that the medications side effects
may keep you from recognizing a low blood sugar,
and/or treating for a low you don't have.

Most of us test often when we are healthy, and I would
assume many of us test more often when we are sick.  I
find the effects of cold medications minimal to nothing.
I take dayquil religiously when I am sick, and sometimes
take NYQuil before bed or if I stay home.

But, I am not a doctor and YMMV,