[IP] OTC help please

Hi everyone...
I need some suggestions: whta OTC cold/flu concoction is safe for us D's on
insulin to take?  (I have no other med. problems)  Went to the pharm last
night and the pharm said "sorry there is nothing you can safely take for cold
I have already tried the scot-tussin/diabeti-tussin things which do not make
a dent.
any suggestions?
what happens if we take dayquil or nyquil?
Will we explode?
Thanks in advance.
Bekka, at work, feverish and miserable....