RE: [IP] Humalog $ increase

Michelle [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Because I don't have insurance that covers the insulin, I'm
> one of the lucky
> ones, my parents help me buy it.  Medicare will help pay for
> the pump and
> supplies, and testing strips, but I'm on my own for insulin.
>  Go figure.

Medicare pays for no prescription drugs unless the patient is hospitalized.
That was one of the issues of this past presidential election:  Medicare
coverage of prescription drugs.  Humalog, which requires a prescription,
would be covered I should think.  It may be problematic for the other
insulins that do not require a prescription.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted