[IP] The pump has arrived & 504s

Here is a link to the dredf site and a sample 504 plan.

The section 504 deal with kids with disabilities and school.  It outlines
their rights.  A 504 plan is the  document that specifies the school
special circumstances and how they will be dealt with.

If you ask your school for a section 504  evaluation, they must, by law, do
one.  And if you qualify a plan must be developed and you are an equal
party to the contents.  You can have experts come to the meetings, doctors,
lawyers, CDE's.

This is of course all limited to the US.  IS there anyone else?  Sometimes
we forget about the rest of the world.

504 comes from either the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or the
Rehabilitation act of 19?? or the Individuals with Disabilities Education
Act (IDEA).  They all blend together for me.

We have had the most trouble with where Emily can test.  In the classroom
or not.  As I have said many times before, the school personnel are adept
at absorbing all of your energy and doing nothing until they think you are
serious then they jump into action.

Curtis Lomax