Re: [IP] Clotting insulin with low basal rate? Questions

In a message dated 12/18/00 5:35:19 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I have had 3 no deliveries in the last 2 weeks.<snip>tech person suggested
the insulin might be clotting in the tubing or it is a site problem.  My
basal rate is .3
for most of the day >>

I use 0.3 with a MM about half the time, and occasionally use lower, and
don't have any problem with it.  Have you considered a static electricity
problem due to dry winter air?  My current pump is not doing this, (knock on
wood), but a previous pump was very sensitive to static electricity, and this
often showed up with no del alarms.  It was also more prone to them when the
battery was getting low.

Linda Z