[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #713

On Mon, 18 Alecia Wesner <email @ redacted> wrote:

>He has completely ended our relationship. I have been in
>shock for days. My BGs were high for a while and I've
>gotten sick a bunch of times.

>be I guess I remember how some of my friends seemed a little freaked out
>about the pump when I got it...

I can tell you from experience finding the right person isn't easy and is very
easy: when it happens it all falls together and until then it's horrible!

As for dealing with diabetes and the pump: the 'deal' these days is 1000%
better than it was 20 years ago when I started pumping and is 100,000% better
than 40 years ago when I was diagnosed.

At this point, you have to be strong and realize that with all the pain
involved this was definitely the best thing that could have happened.  Imagine
having married the idiot and then having him go to the party the NEXT year....

You need someone dedicated to YOU and the diabetes is only a part, a small
part of the whole you.  DOn't give up.  Keep your spirits up and look over the
next few weeks as a time to settle in, get under control and start out again.

Keep in touch through the IP list and know that you have lots of support here.

Yerachmiel Altman