[IP] Re: A1c meaninful or less meaningful

That's pretty much where I stand on the issue as well. The lower
numbers would be nice (for reduction of complications) but I
don't want it bad enough to where my daughter is always
unconscious (excessive hypoglycemia concerns me [and her endo]
MUCH more than her A1C at this point.) So we just do the best we
can! I'm sure as she gets older it will improve more and more.
Her dr said for her age it should be around 7.8-8% but he said we
have time to work it down gradually. She was 8.5% last time, so
we are getting close! I just feel (*sometimes*) like I'm knocking
myself out and have nothing to show for it (until now. We're
finally starting to see the results.)

Spot said:
The important thing is reduction of complications which screw up
your body the lower the numbers, the better you are at your
control but in the overall scheme of things it not much different
if it was 7.3 or 6.3, I like the lower numbers but I'm not sure
they are significant by much. Hypoglycemia isn't good either.

little guy due 3/10/01