[IP] Re: Disetronic Batteries

We were (and it was always the 03 battery)! We would follow the
recommendations in the manual but our batteries were just plain
dead. When they quit, they quit. I think we must have had some of
the batteries from that bad batch a while back. I recently
ordered a bunch of new batteries and we haven't had that problem
lately. These seem to be lasting longer. I know our early battery
deaths were not from too much button pushing, etc, because all we
were doing was the set changes about every 3 days and bolusing
(and my daughter is the one who forgets to bolus for snacks so
overuse definitely wasn't the problem, nor does she fiddle with
the pump.) Our pump rep said sometimes she just swaps out the 02
and 03 batteries and that is all it takes, no problems. I haven't
tried that yet. I don't think it would've worked with the
batteries we had before. There was no reviving them.

Carol T said:
Changed my 03 battery 5 days ago and it's sounding off 03 low
again.  Anyone else having this trouble seems like I've been
going throught a lot of batteries lately.  Thank Carol T. Hope I
have some more here!

little guy due 3/10/01