[IP] growing up

Can I get some feedback on growth spurts and what they do to bg??? Our
son is 4 and I am seeing that his numbers are high and require numerous
corrections and he is eating like a madman! His numbers come back
Growth hormone is diabetogenic in that it opposes the action of insulin,
making numbers go up it also interferes to an extent with correction of the
numbers because of its ant-insulin effect. Growth hormone is also felt to
be a cause for dawn phenomenon as well.  Growing just makes a mess out of
diabetes control thru several mechanisms including increased hunger and a
tendency to eat everything in sight. It usually calms down to a dull roar
after age 18 in boys and 17 in girls. Spot
A Bender, M. D.