Re: [IP] Growth Spurts?

> Can I get some feedback on growth spurts and what they do to bg???
> Our son is 4 and I am seeing that his numbers are high and require
> numerous corrections and he is eating like a madman!  His numbers
> come back down...

When Lily was a preteen and young teen, growth spurts required large
increases in both basal and bolus insulin on a long term basis. On
one particular occasion I remember a 50% increase in a period of
about 2 weeks that stayed that way for months. At one point she was
using 90 units of insulin per day. We usually corrected for a few
days then tweeked basals and adjusted her carb ratios after seeing
that the change appeared to be semi-permanent. YMMV.