[IP] Re: Calculating for an A1c

>>>I know this is a far off question but does anyone know of or heard of a
calculation to get a round about A1C level by looking at your BG's over the
past few months?  It just seems that there should be a round about calculation
that can help determine an estimate of A1C.
I know that more low BG's give a lower A1C and more highs give a higher
A1C-but how many lows and how many highs give what number?>>>

Since an A1c is an average of highs and lows, that would also mean an average
of the BGs that are NOT tested/recorded. We were shown a graph at a support
group meeting with very good BGs at about 8 times in one day. However, with a
CGMS (Continuous Glucose Monitoring System) attached, there were actually many
spikes and dips between the tests. So the recorded tests are for the
*moment* - not giving an overall average.