Re: [IP] Re: Thyroid

RE:  Thyroid

My son was 2 when he was dxd with hypERthyroid.  Extremely rare for a
MALE (and to have HYPER) especially as young as he was.  His dr. thinks
he probably had it at 6 mos old prior to getting the diabeties which was
misdxd until he was DKA at 14 mos.

Anyway - he was on synthroid and tapazole for just about 2 yrs. and we
have now successfully taken him off both meds back in October.  There is
very little research about children as young as he was with this
condition, but, the thought is that it could correct itself and be ok
(who knows for how long).  The condition may come back.  Sooo, maybe
it's not for life - or for some its on again off again.  We'll have to

Mom to Andrew dxd 14 mos / now 4 1/2 - pumping insuling tomorrow!!! -
Dec 19th