Re: [IP] Amazing difference!

   My closest friend's favorite word when it comes to parenting is PERCEPTION
& that surely applies to one's attitudes about "high bgs" pre and post pump
therapy. My almost 18 yr old daughter awoke today with a bg of 174 & I
actually did hear myself saying to her" hmmm...running a little high?"...to
which she nodded & shrugged, knowing that she typically awakens in the
100-140 range. A bg over 250 is fairly uncommon & almost always attributable
to "mis-guesstimating" her carbs, barring the more obvious pump related
    Admittedly though, a MAJOR portion of the credit for the improved bgs is
being on the far side of puberty, as evidenced by her dramatically decreased
basal rates as compared to almost 5 yrs when she began pumping. When such
minute tenth of a unit changes can so greatly improve one's diabetes care, it
seems almost unconscienable that doctors are downplaying the benefits of pump
therapy to patients.
Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump mom)