[IP] Diet drugs and Diabetes

I was wondering if anyone on the list has ever taken any of the diet drugs
like xenical(sp?) ?  I have been very unhappy with my weight for a while but
it hit me really hard this weekend when a nurse friend of mine sent me a
picture from the past summer.  I have felt terrible ever since.  I am going
to ask my doctor when I see him to at least let me try it and see if it
works.  Just wondering if anyone had any input for me.  Thanks so much.