Re: [IP] NYTimes.com Article: Guilty Plea by Division of Drug Gia

What a great article to share with the group.  It is a good reminder that, no
matter how much we may enjoy a product, it is made for a profit.  All other
outcomes, both good and bad, are secondary.  And this includes the pump
manufacturers.  It is first about money, then about helping people.  I tried
this year to get Accucheck to donate a couple of monitors to a JDRF function;
my daughter was willing to decorate the cases.  The decorated cases would
have brought in some nice donations.  I couldn't get anybody to respond to my
phone calls.  It is still buyer beware with all medical devices.