[IP] site change question

Last night, when changing sites (Micro QR), I once again forgot to
remove the little adhesive protectors before "sofserting" it into my
leg.  When I did that before, I was able to carefully reach under and
pull them out, but this time, I didn't notice it until after I'd put on the
IV3000.  I ended up taking it out and throwing it away and starting

I was wondering...... has anyone ever just reinserted it?  In this
case, I couldn't, because I'd already put down the IV3000.  But in
that previous incident, the thought occurred to me to just reinsert
with the sofserter.

AND, this time, using a new set, I inserted it about a 1/2 inch away
from where my mistake was.  Is that a problem, being so close to
where my boo-boo one was?

p.s.  I seem to finally be making progress with this pump control.
This past week, I only had two readings above 180.  Not good
enough yet for pregnancy, but still, pretty darned good
improvement!  YAY!!!!!