[IP] Re: Leave of absence

Brenda Martinez writes about her daughter's trials

<<  Now her employer, Fed-Ex, has given her a leave of absence - not
 because her diabetes has caused a problem, but because it could.   >>

Brenda - I think your daughter WILL have to fight and the ADA (American
Disabilities Act) is the tool to do it with.  In the October issue of
Diabetic Forecast (p46-47) there's a questionnaire from the Diabetes
Association asking for information from those who have been the victims of
discrimination.  I also remember the story in the Forecast about a pilot who
had to fight (and won) to get/keep his license.  I can't locate it right now.

 I think the Diabetic Association can advocate and provide information for
both you and your daughter.  It's not fair and I'm sure it feel overwhelming
but each person who takes on this fight helps not only themselves but also
millions of others.  Please keep us posted.  Jill T