[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #710

In a message dated 12/16/00 12:59:28 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Go figure.  I just know that I'm not a pancreas and
 sometimes I just get tired of trying to pretend that I
 am and try to make sense of nonsensical numbers >>
I can totally relate!!!  Nadine, 10, has been on the pump since August and we
are dealing with EXACTLY the same things.  Nadine's sites only last about 36
hours and her bgs can be good for a whole day and then just terrible the next.
Boy, it's good to hear that there are others like her out there.  what an
encouragement.  We, too, we hoping for better numbers overall and excited
about a site lasting for 4 days....maybe someday, when they're a little
older- like after puberty.  I agree, though:  the pump is definately still
better than MDI.

Hang in there- Sylvelin ( Wisconsin)