[IP] Re: ACE inhibitors

> The use of Epogen, or Procrit has eliminated some of those treatments but
> it too is very expensive. Urine testing is still used today by some docs
> despite proof that it is without value in modern management of diabeasties.
> Another good reason to keep your BP down and take ACE inhibitors Jan. and
> PS don't Smoke either. Spot
> A Bender, M. D.

Eliminated some of which treatments? I began treatment for BP in '78 with
Diazide for 16 years then was told it wasn't good for DMers' kidneys. Put on
Vasotec for 8, then when I began seeing a neph he said I'd hear a lot of good
about Captopril, but the other ACE inhibitors were just as good that they just
happened to be first to get a copyright of propaganda. Next app't he took me
off V and on to Cap. I could NOT tolerate the coughing up foam, could only
tolerate cream style corn, white bread with bacon sandwiches, and milk. Lost
7# in 10 days. *I* put myself back on V when I found out that was what
happened to me over 6 weeks. I was a mess. Switched nephs and now am on
Cardura, Coozaar, and Norvasc for BP.  They aren't ACEs but he said something
else with a similar acronym since I couldn't tolerate the Cap. BTW, had a BIG
fight with 1st neph over me putting mesef back to the V.

Never smoked and cannot tolerate the smell of it or leaf smoke or perfume. I
choke. Have bronchial spasms. The saddest words of tongue or pen (or keyboard)
are these four words: What might have been. 8^(