[IP] List Etiquette

Hi Pumpers!

It's about that time to remind everyone of some list etiquette for Insulin
Pumpers.  Some these affect message sizes - which directly affect our
servers, disk space, and cost of download time for customers who pay per
minute.  Please understand that there is a rationale behind every request.

1.  Carefully think about your e mail "signature".  Insulin Pumpers
appreciates it if you keep your signature line to 1 or 2 lines at the most.
There can be as many as 100 or more messages a day on this list and the
(huge) digest, read by  many members, contains that signature line for
every message you post.

2.  One line "me too" messages responding to others' one line "atta boy
/girl" messages are best directed to individuals, not to the entire list.
These messages add significantly to the volume of mail delivered to users,
and can make searching for information difficult.

3.  "Snip" portions of messages you are responding to that are not critical
to the understanding of your response. Try to keep your responses as short
as possible. This is often done by use of <snip> to show you've deleted a
portion of the original message. <Snip> the portion that's not important,
then continue your response below this section. This is very easy to get
accustomed to, and helps keep our mail list manageable.

4.  The primary reason for this list is to discuss insulin pumps and
diabetes care.  Please try to refrain from posting off topic messages.

And as a reminder.... It is not the intent of the Insulin Pumpers mail
lists to offer medical advice. Information referenced in list messages
should be checked with your health care team. Please check your references
before submitting information to the list. Remember, YMMV -Your Mileage May
Vary. Each of us is different, and reacts differently to our health conditions.

Second, it only takes one SPAM offense to be booted from the list.  If you
are unsure whether what you are sending would be considered spam, then it
probably is!

Thanks, the Administrators of Insulin Pumpers