[IP] Re: Anemia

> Several years ago, the PCP I had been seeing would tell me at every visit
> that I was slightly anemic. He never appeared concerned, so I didn't think
> anything of it.  We parted ways over some other matters, and the first
> labwork that the new PCP had done, I was sent to the nephrologist's office
> the very next day, I was so anemic!  I have been on Procrit shots ever
>  The nephrologist claims that it is a result of the long term diabetes- 32
> years, since age 5!
> Cheryl  aka Mouse

See, just like Dr. Spot says, the tests are wrong, the patient is right.
Cheryl, do the Procrit (Epogen - EPO - erythropoietin) shots help you? I have
been on 8,800u EPO bi-weekly (@ $170.00) for 6 years and tell no diff. I also
take the 300 mg. iron daily but my kidney failure (18%) is the culprit.
Perhaps you are not to that point yet?