[IP] Re: *-ologists*

> Jan et al,
>  DOesn't it complicate having more docs? I wish my
> endo were in town and covered by insurance and I could
> have him do everything. THe gyns here, I think
> anything there would have to be trhough a referral
> from local doc who *thinks* she has specialized
> knowledge int hat area..the same one who started out
> telling me I couldn't have kids because of diabetes...
>  I'm really fed up with medical professionals right
> now. You would not believe what happened yesterday and
> it's too stressful to retell.
>  The moody redhead Amy

Interesting choice of salutation - I'm on another list where I go by rev., dr.
psych-O, a.u. (for author unknown), (all uncapitalized since I'm not a real
one), and sometimes to simplify it I sign it Jan et al to be all inclusive.

Well, Moody Redhead Amy,
I have 12 -ologists: endocriminologist, 3 eyeologists, kidneyologist,
backologist, toothologist, heartologist, femaleologist, skinologist,
footologist, and the one I can't recall (Hillary Syndrome). When you get
someone who treats everything, that lessens their specialization. One who
concentrates on a disorder should be up-to-date on that
disease/dysfunction/specialty. Not all drs. require referrals. For instance,
find the best GYN you can and call for an app't. If they accept you, you're
in.  I believe that's what Gail Darling did in getting her GYN and is now on
the hormones she has been requiring. Her *she* dr. put her on hormones without
unneeded testing because of her symptoms. The *he* endo didn't see the problem
and he didn't refer her to the *she.* (Hope that made *some* sense!)

Remember, M. R. Amy, not every dr. graduated in the top 1/3 of their class.

Jan et al (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)