[IP] "Pleasurable Social Stress" raises bg's by 200 pts.

I'm not sure how to phrase this question; let alone find the answer.

We all know stress raises bg's significantly.  I frequently encounter
"pleasurable social stress".  i.e.:  Again tonight as in the past 20+
years; my bg sky-rockets due to what should be a relaxing, pleasurable
evening for me:

Rush through work to make time for this:
Drive 1.5 hours to city for club meeting
Socializing at meeting and Q & A during lectures
Out for midnight dinner and socializing after meeting  (many dietary errors
here to boot).
Drive 1.5 hours back home.

- Driving long distances *usually* raises bg's a few mmols
- During meeting the bg's raise another couple of mmols
- During social dinner bg's raise significantly prior to eating
- Dietary errors unavoidable.

So a relaxing evening always puts me up from 5 (90) to 20 (360).

The bg raises are not linear during this time so a temp basal is out of the

The only solutions I can think of are:  Raise self-esteem so social
interactions are not stressful or test frequently and do a correction bolus
every hour or give up all socialization (NOT).

Any thoughts?

It seems after decades of trying for perfect control it is not possible.  I
swear the next time my Gp and endo tell me that I can get perfect control
if I try to I will kill them!

(end of this vent).

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 20 days thanks to the support of a lot of wonderful internet
of MDI!