[IP] Re: Hypo thyroid

Yes, push him. Hard. Goiters are not normal or else we'd all have
one. Why wait to treat it til the thing gets huge and she has to
name it?

Moira said:
Wow, this was interesting to me. Lauren started showing a small
goiter on
her Thyroid about two years ago. In the past nine months it has
considerably -- you can actually see it sticking out on her neck.
Six months
ago her TSH was 2.8. Two weeks ago it was 4.9 but the endo (whom
I respect
immensely) said it's still fine and within range. She has not
been feeling
her beast and her #'s have been kind of crazy. Could she be
hypothyroid now?
He said she would stop growing and her hair would stop growing
when she
truly was. I'm curious: should I push him to look closer at this?
little guy due 3/10/01