[IP] Re: Anemia

> Every three months when I have my check-up, my blood report shows that I am
> slightly anemic.  I have been that way ever since I have was diagnosed with
> Diabetes..so, I take the iron for a while (then that causes other problems I
> won't go into) then I stop the iron.

I have been anemic for about 40 years. I bled heavily with large clots monthly
for 15 years and was always tired and out of sorts (as well as high BGs
undetermined with lack of pee tests as only method). I had a hysterectomy in
'79 due to endometriosis, but am still anemic now due to the kidney failure
(18% function). I take 300 mg. daily of Niferex iron. I know the other
problems you are talking about, but my instructions are to NOT have ANY dairy
products 2 hrs. either side of the dose intake. I TRY to take them about 3:00
p.m. - that way it's probably 2 hrs. after lunch and 2 hrs. before dinner.
Then once in awhile I'll goof and have an ice cream cone and it causes those
problems you don't want to discuss so I won't either - which can last up to 45
or more min.!!!!!

Nephrologist said it's okay to take them any time in the day, therefore if I
have forgotten, I take them at bedtime as long as no dairy 2 hrs. before.  I
recently had two 4-hr sessions of iron infusion ($1400.00!!! and we have to
pay 10%). I now more diligently take them!!!!!!!! (~_^)