[IP] Re: having a baby

> During this pregnancy I felt horrible,
> but I was taking very large dosages of high blood pressure medication and as
> my pregnancy progressed, my dosage requirements would go up. I had a
> constant nosebleed too.

WARNING: If you're squeamish, DO NOT READ THIS.

Going back, again: In '61 when I delivered my 10#-er I was hospitalized 5 days
before they induced labor. I was on no BP meds at the time (not 'til '78) and
one ONLY shot per day since we had no idea how to do coverage shots without
home BGs or A1c's, etc. until late '70s. But the day before I was induced, I
got a VERY heavy nosebleed. A right noseologist happened to still be in the
hospital doing paper work and they called him stat. In the meantime, I was
struggling to sit up while 2-3 nurses were trying to make me lie down. I was
choking on my blood going in the back of my throat. He walked in and said, LET
HER SIT UP! I threw up a LARGE clot and thanked him, coughing. He cauterized
my nose. It was a very scary experience.

I had toxemia for the second one (delivered 10 mos. 14 days after #1) and I
probably should have been on something for BP back then. They are both healthy
38 & 39 y/o's.

Oh, praises for the advances in DM care!!!!!!!