Re: [IP] Decision to have children

Hi wombn,
With my 3rd child I had 4 amino done starting at 32 weeks up until they took
him by emergency c-section at  37 weeks. The reason for my amino was I had
started having contractions at 26 weeks and they wanted to deliver as soon as
his lungs were ready. Some of the drugs to stop labor raise blood sugar so it
was in the best interest of both baby and Mom to test. At my last amino, his
lungs were still not ready but he had other plans. Heavy labor started on
4/3, was put in hospital to control sugars and try to stop labor again. Well,
Travis had other plans and they were forced to take him on 4/5. But, by
having the animo results, they had all the staff present to care for him and
to transfer him to Children's hospital until he could breathe on his own.
Today he is a healthy and active 3 year old. By the way, none of my pre-term
labors ( 2nd born 5 weeks early and started w preterm labor with 1st at 30
weeks) were due to the  diabetes. Unfortunately I have a tendency to to have
excess animo fluid and this can lead to early labor.
I was also told my by ob at my first meeting with him for Travis's pregnancy
to have an abortion because my A1C was 15. My husband and I made a decision
at that point to continue no matter what and we had a good outcome (by 10
weeks A1C was down to 8)
LInda W.