Re: [IP] Having a baby??

Hi Wendy,

I've had two children.  Both times I had hypertension, IDDM, and what they
so kindly refer to as "advanced maternal age."  When I told my doctor I
wanted to get pregnant (the first time) he switched me from Vasotec to
Verapamil for the hypertension.  I didn't have any trouble at all with the
change.  In fact I asked my current endo whether I should switch back,
since Vasotec is an ACE inhibitor, and he basically said, "If it's not
broke, don't fix it."

I was very closely monitored during my pregnancies, but blood pressure was
never an issue.  Both times I delivered naturally (with induction) at full
term.  I didn't go to an OB/GYN who specializes in high-risk
pregnancies--but a very good regular one--recommended to me by my endo.

BTW I really enjoyed being pregnant!  It's an incredible experience.

Feel free to email me privately if you'd like to discuss this further.

Wendy wrote:
<<First, I (oh, and hubby too) DEFINITELY want a baby... but I am wondering
if any of you have had to add high blood pressure into the equation? I am
currently working on perfecting my numbers so that my endo will give me the
'okay' to get pg. However, I'm also on several medications for high blood
pressure. I know they will have to be changed to more 'pregnancy friendly'
meds and wonder if anybody else had to do this before they got pg? How did
the change go and if their blood pressure played a significant roll in
their pregnancy? I'm saying a prayer for all of you who are pg and those
who are considering it or trying to become.. >>